- Ascott Sathorn in Bangkok
- Avani Atrium Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Centre Hotel in Bangkok – Thailand
- Bangkok Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Chiang Mai Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Hua Hin Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Koh Samui Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Krabi Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Pattaya Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Phuket Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Thailand and Bangkok Cheap Hotels and Tours
- Thailand Tours and Activities
- Transferring Money To Thailand
- Welcome to the Thailand Travel Blog
Posts by category
- Category: Bangkok
- Top 10 Things To See In Bangkok – Thailand
- Where To Find Thailand Hotels and Resorts
- Bangkok and Thailand Taxis
- Float House River Kwai Resort
- Getting Around Bangkok And Things You Should Know
- Spending Valentines Day in Bangkok
- Thailand Weather and Radar Satellite
- Patpong Night Market
- Dental Tourism In Thailand
- 101 Things To Do In Bangkok
- Reaching Your Thailand Hotel In Luxury
- Best Food in Bangkok – Bangkok and Thai Street Food in Thailand
- A Quick Guide to Pattaya in Thailand
- Bangkok Airport Transfers
- Category: Buddha
- Category: Chiang Mai
- Category: Hotel Specials
- Category: Koh Phangan
- What to do on Koh Samui – Thailand
- How To Get To Koh Samui – Thailand
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party – What to Expect – Do’s and Don’ts – Tips
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party Dates and Getting There
- Koh Phangan Attractions
- Koh Samui Airport Information – Domestic – International – Arrivals – Departures
- Visa Run from Koh Samui
- Category: Koh Samui
- Category: Pattaya
- Category: Photos
- Category: Phuket
- Category: Slider
- Category: Thai Food
- Thai Red Duck Curry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Street Food – Thai Street, Market and Beach Food
- Beef, Cashew and Thai Basil Stir Fry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Ronald McDonald
- Pad Thai Recipe – How To Cook Pad Thai
- Thai Cooking Classes and Market Tours
- Tom Yum Goong – Spicy Prawn Soup
- Thai Green Curry Recipe – (Gaeng Kiaw Wan Neua)
- Category: Thailand Travel
- Things To Know About Thailand
- Etiquette in Thailand Cinemas – Standing in Thailand Movie Theatres
- Roadside Bottled Gasoline and Petrol in Thailand
- Makha Bucha Day
- Thailand Visa and Entry Information – Visa Runs and Visa Extentions
- Thailand Travel Tips
- Some Thailand Holiday Tips
- Thailand Travel Quiz
- Koh Tao Travel Information, Tours, Getting There and Hotel Accommodation
- Songkran in Thailand – Thai New Year – Water Fights
- Things To Remember For A Holiday
- Tourist Attractions In Thailand
- Things To See In Thailand
- Finding The Best Holiday Accommodation
- Mistakes To Avoid When Holidaying
- The King of Thailand
- Information About The King of Thailand Bhumibol Adulyadej
- Travel Information About Koh Chang – Thailand
- The Right Thailand Accommodation For You
- Protecting Your Belongings At The Beach
- Cheap Flights To Thailand
- Travel To Thailand
- Thailand Travel Medical Emergencies
- Most Popular Thailand Destinations
- Thailand Hotel Booking Disasters
- Checklist for Expats Moving Overseas
- Holiday Activities For A Rainy Day
- Places To Visit In Bangkok
- Thailand Travel Apps
- Quick Thailand Travel Guide
- Learning Thai through Travel
- Thailand Tourist Scams
- Thailand Hotel Tips
- Packing Tips For Family Travel
- Tips To Sleep Better In Thailand Hotels
- St Patrick’s Day in Thailand – Bangkok – Phuket – Koh Samui – Pattaya – Chiang Mai
- The History of the Thailand Flag
- Ice In Beer in Thailand
- Thailand Tourist Police
- Wearing a Motorbike Helmet in Thailand
- Thailand Motor Bikes
- Category: Tours
Big Buddha Phuket Statue and Lookout.
The Big Buddha Phuket is a must visit for those that want to see a bit of Thai culture.
It’s free to go see but it is a temple, so please dress appropriately.
This 45 metre high statue of Buddha is on top of Nak-kerd Hill, so it looks out all around Phuket.
The statue has been getting built for years, so even if you have not been for a while, it is still worth another look.
It is an icon of Thailand and is a must visit when you go to Phuket.
Getting To Big Buddha Phuket
It is very easy to access Big Buddha Phuket in a tuk tuk, car or motorbike.
It is about 30 minutes drive from Patong and is easy to get there, as they are all main roads.
You just take the turn off on ChaoFa Rd West and drive a few kilometres up hill to the top.
Even the drive up to the Big Buddha is very scenic and you can stop on the way to look out over the hills of Phuket.
The road used to be dirt and very hard to get to but now it is all sealed and even has barriers on the sharp corners.
Along the way there are restaurants and lookouts for you to stop and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
There is also a place to stop and feed some elephants. Do not stop as this is cruel and you are abetting this bad treatment.
When You Arrive at Big Buddha Phuket.
You will arrive at the carpark which is still below the Buddha statue.
You then walk up a slight hill until you get to the temple and 32 alms bowls, which is at the base of Big Buddha.
The 32 Alms bowls is a place where you can donate small amounts of money or say a small prayer. (See Video Below)
At the bottom of Big Buddha there are also food and drink stalls.
In the temple you can learn about the building of the statue, say a prayer and get a monk’s blessing.
Chalong Bay Lookout.
Also at the top of Big Buddha in Phuket you can look across the eastern coast of Phuket.
The main place you will see is Chalong Bay and Koh Lon.
After you visit Big Buddha it is worth taking a trip to Chalong Bay and Chalong Pier. It is not far.
There is a strip of road with bars and restaurants and also nice places to eat along the water’s edge.
This will give you more of an insight into what is on Phuket’s east coast and just another different place to visit.
For more information please see our other blog on Big Buddha Phuket
Thailand Hotels Search
Thailand and Asia Trains, Ferries, Buses, Planes Timetables and Prices
Thailand Travel Blog
Search other articles and areas of Thailand in our Thailand Travel Blog