- Ascott Sathorn in Bangkok
- Avani Atrium Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Centre Hotel in Bangkok – Thailand
- Bangkok Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Chiang Mai Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Hua Hin Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Koh Samui Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Krabi Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Pattaya Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Phuket Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Thailand and Bangkok Cheap Hotels and Tours
- Thailand Tours and Activities
- Transferring Money To Thailand
- Welcome to the Thailand Travel Blog
Posts by category
- Category: Bangkok
- Top 10 Things To See In Bangkok – Thailand
- Where To Find Thailand Hotels and Resorts
- Bangkok and Thailand Taxis
- Float House River Kwai Resort
- Getting Around Bangkok And Things You Should Know
- Spending Valentines Day in Bangkok
- Thailand Weather and Radar Satellite
- Patpong Night Market
- Dental Tourism In Thailand
- 101 Things To Do In Bangkok
- Reaching Your Thailand Hotel In Luxury
- Best Food in Bangkok – Bangkok and Thai Street Food in Thailand
- A Quick Guide to Pattaya in Thailand
- Bangkok Airport Transfers
- Category: Buddha
- Category: Chiang Mai
- Category: Hotel Specials
- Category: Koh Phangan
- What to do on Koh Samui – Thailand
- How To Get To Koh Samui – Thailand
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party – What to Expect – Do’s and Don’ts – Tips
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party Dates and Getting There
- Koh Phangan Attractions
- Koh Samui Airport Information – Domestic – International – Arrivals – Departures
- Visa Run from Koh Samui
- Category: Koh Samui
- Category: Pattaya
- Category: Photos
- Category: Phuket
- Category: Slider
- Category: Thai Food
- Thai Red Duck Curry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Street Food – Thai Street, Market and Beach Food
- Beef, Cashew and Thai Basil Stir Fry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Ronald McDonald
- Pad Thai Recipe – How To Cook Pad Thai
- Thai Cooking Classes and Market Tours
- Tom Yum Goong – Spicy Prawn Soup
- Thai Green Curry Recipe – (Gaeng Kiaw Wan Neua)
- Category: Thailand Travel
- Things To Know About Thailand
- Etiquette in Thailand Cinemas – Standing in Thailand Movie Theatres
- Roadside Bottled Gasoline and Petrol in Thailand
- Makha Bucha Day
- Thailand Visa and Entry Information – Visa Runs and Visa Extentions
- Thailand Travel Tips
- Some Thailand Holiday Tips
- Thailand Travel Quiz
- Koh Tao Travel Information, Tours, Getting There and Hotel Accommodation
- Songkran in Thailand – Thai New Year – Water Fights
- Things To Remember For A Holiday
- Tourist Attractions In Thailand
- Things To See In Thailand
- Finding The Best Holiday Accommodation
- Mistakes To Avoid When Holidaying
- The King of Thailand
- Information About The King of Thailand Bhumibol Adulyadej
- Travel Information About Koh Chang – Thailand
- The Right Thailand Accommodation For You
- Protecting Your Belongings At The Beach
- Cheap Flights To Thailand
- Travel To Thailand
- Thailand Travel Medical Emergencies
- Most Popular Thailand Destinations
- Thailand Hotel Booking Disasters
- Checklist for Expats Moving Overseas
- Holiday Activities For A Rainy Day
- Places To Visit In Bangkok
- Thailand Travel Apps
- Quick Thailand Travel Guide
- Learning Thai through Travel
- Thailand Tourist Scams
- Thailand Hotel Tips
- Packing Tips For Family Travel
- Tips To Sleep Better In Thailand Hotels
- St Patrick’s Day in Thailand – Bangkok – Phuket – Koh Samui – Pattaya – Chiang Mai
- The History of the Thailand Flag
- Ice In Beer in Thailand
- Thailand Tourist Police
- Wearing a Motorbike Helmet in Thailand
- Thailand Motor Bikes
- Category: Tours
Islands of Thailand
This article is about the Islands of Thailand in Southern region of Thailand.
It covers Phuket and its bays, Turtle Island and Phi Phi Island. It also touches on the remote Ko Lipe and swimming with whale sharks.
If you opt to visit the islands Thailand because you have heard wonderful stories about its beaches, warm clear and water tourist destinations then you have got to know of some of the places that some people do not even know about and are off the tourist radar.
There is so much to do while experiencing Thailand travel that it’s impossible for everyone to know where to go in order to experience some of the best, but here is a list of places that you might not otherwise know about.
Located 60 miles away from the Island of Phuket, the region of Phang Nga Bay is one place that people love to visit.
This is said to be one of the best scenic locations in any country in Southeast Asia. This area is made up of wonderful caves and grottoes to the limestone islands.
If you choose to visit the area, the sea stack island is the place you want to check out.
One way that people opt to visit this region is by kayak which allows you to see firsthand the grottoes and caves.
Turtle Island (Koh Tao)
One thing that most people do not get to experience in their lifetime is the presence of sea turtles.
At Turtle Island, Koh Tao, the small island that is on the east shore line of the Thailand Gulf has more than 7000 divers who get certified in order to dive each year.
This makes it one of the most popular tourist destinations of Thailand.
There are an assortment of marine life that you could encounter while diving here including the possibility of a whale shark.
You will be able to see up to 20 meters visibility under water while diving in this region.
Koh Phi Phi Don
In the southern province of Thailand, Koh Phi Phi Don is one of the biggest islands of Thailand.
This is one of the few island that has permanent residents in the area.
This has become a more laid back beach destination since the creation of the movie The Beach of 2000 which has made Ko Phi Phi Leh more attractive for people to visit.
One thing that you might not know about when touring around Islands of Thailand is the location of Ko Lipe.
This region was settled by the sea gypsies in the southwest portion of Thailand.
This is a small island where the visitors to the island can walk for a little over one hour and cover the whole island.
This island is just outside of the Tarutao National Park and not far from Krabi. The main beaches offer accommodations such as bungalows and grass huts.
About The Author
John writes about this area on his blog in his Thailand advice and discoveries section on the Gogo Florist flower delivery site. He is also an expert in Thai orchids which is his passion in life, also say hi at Google +
Thailand and Asia Trains, Ferries, Buses, Planes Timetables and Prices