- Ascott Sathorn in Bangkok
- Avani Atrium Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Centre Hotel in Bangkok – Thailand
- Bangkok Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Chiang Mai Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Hua Hin Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Koh Samui Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Krabi Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Pattaya Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Phuket Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Thailand and Bangkok Cheap Hotels and Tours
- Thailand Tours and Activities
- Transferring Money To Thailand
- Welcome to the Thailand Travel Blog
Posts by category
- Category: Bangkok
- Top 10 Things To See In Bangkok – Thailand
- Where To Find Thailand Hotels and Resorts
- Bangkok and Thailand Taxis
- Float House River Kwai Resort
- Getting Around Bangkok And Things You Should Know
- Spending Valentines Day in Bangkok
- Thailand Weather and Radar Satellite
- Patpong Night Market
- Dental Tourism In Thailand
- 101 Things To Do In Bangkok
- Reaching Your Thailand Hotel In Luxury
- Best Food in Bangkok – Bangkok and Thai Street Food in Thailand
- A Quick Guide to Pattaya in Thailand
- Bangkok Airport Transfers
- Category: Buddha
- Category: Chiang Mai
- Category: Hotel Specials
- Category: Koh Phangan
- What to do on Koh Samui – Thailand
- How To Get To Koh Samui – Thailand
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party – What to Expect – Do’s and Don’ts – Tips
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party Dates and Getting There
- Koh Phangan Attractions
- Koh Samui Airport Information – Domestic – International – Arrivals – Departures
- Visa Run from Koh Samui
- Category: Koh Samui
- Category: Pattaya
- Category: Photos
- Category: Phuket
- Category: Slider
- Category: Thai Food
- Thai Red Duck Curry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Street Food – Thai Street, Market and Beach Food
- Beef, Cashew and Thai Basil Stir Fry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Ronald McDonald
- Pad Thai Recipe – How To Cook Pad Thai
- Thai Cooking Classes and Market Tours
- Tom Yum Goong – Spicy Prawn Soup
- Thai Green Curry Recipe – (Gaeng Kiaw Wan Neua)
- Category: Thailand Travel
- Things To Know About Thailand
- Etiquette in Thailand Cinemas – Standing in Thailand Movie Theatres
- Roadside Bottled Gasoline and Petrol in Thailand
- Makha Bucha Day
- Thailand Visa and Entry Information – Visa Runs and Visa Extentions
- Thailand Travel Tips
- Some Thailand Holiday Tips
- Thailand Travel Quiz
- Koh Tao Travel Information, Tours, Getting There and Hotel Accommodation
- Songkran in Thailand – Thai New Year – Water Fights
- Things To Remember For A Holiday
- Tourist Attractions In Thailand
- Things To See In Thailand
- Finding The Best Holiday Accommodation
- Mistakes To Avoid When Holidaying
- The King of Thailand
- Information About The King of Thailand Bhumibol Adulyadej
- Travel Information About Koh Chang – Thailand
- The Right Thailand Accommodation For You
- Protecting Your Belongings At The Beach
- Cheap Flights To Thailand
- Travel To Thailand
- Thailand Travel Medical Emergencies
- Most Popular Thailand Destinations
- Thailand Hotel Booking Disasters
- Checklist for Expats Moving Overseas
- Holiday Activities For A Rainy Day
- Places To Visit In Bangkok
- Thailand Travel Apps
- Quick Thailand Travel Guide
- Learning Thai through Travel
- Thailand Tourist Scams
- Thailand Hotel Tips
- Packing Tips For Family Travel
- Tips To Sleep Better In Thailand Hotels
- St Patrick’s Day in Thailand – Bangkok – Phuket – Koh Samui – Pattaya – Chiang Mai
- The History of the Thailand Flag
- Ice In Beer in Thailand
- Thailand Tourist Police
- Wearing a Motorbike Helmet in Thailand
- Thailand Motor Bikes
- Category: Tours
Koh Phi Phi Islands
Koh Phi Phi or the Phi Phi Islands are another great tropical and sandy beach island to visit while you are in Thailand.
The word Koh means Island in Thai, so you can say it either way and means the same thing.
Situated around 48km’s from Phuket and 43km’s from Krabi, the Phi Phi Islands are easily accessible from these two main holiday destinations.
Most people call the main Island of the area just Phi Phi Island when in fact the main island that the people visit is named Koh Phi Phi Don.
Phi Phi Lee Island (or Leh) is also visited by tourists and is most famous for Maya Bay which was the location that the movie “The Beach” was filmed.
Phi Phi Don is the only island that has inhabitants and has Thailand Hotels for people to stay overnight.
Other islands around Phi Phi are Bida Noi, Bida Nok and Bamboo Island (Ko Mai Phai).
The area is very picturesque with blue calm waters.
Other islands of the Phi Phi Islands group being mainly made of Limestone protruding out of the water,
Phi Phi Lee Islands are inaccessible but are great to see from your boat .
They have caves that can be explored either by canoe, by snorkeling or scuba diving.
Phi Phi Islands Accommodation
There are over 180 Phi Phi Island hotels for you to choose from.
Visiting Phi Phi Island for the day or overnight is within everyone’s budget and should be included in everyone’s Thailand Travel Itinerary.
Thailand Hotels Search
Getting To Koh Phi Phi Islands
The main way that you can access Phi Phi Island is by ferry from either Phuket and Krabi.
From Krabi you take a 2 1/2 hour tour from the Chaofa Pier.
If you are catching the ferry from Phuket you can catch it from the Chalong Pier or Rassada Pier.
While it can take between 1 and 2 hours depending on the weather, time of day and which pier you leave from.
There are other ferries that operate in the Phi Phi area, so to see the timetables and price please click below.
Thailand and Asia Trains, Ferries, Buses, Planes Timetables and Prices
Koh Phi Phi Islands Tours and Activites
When you get to Koh Phi Phi Don there are many activities and tours that you can do all around the Phi Phi Islands.
Many of the tours are a photo taking dream, so make sure you have a camera and your phone is fully charged.
It is one of the most picturesque parts of Thailand.
If you venture out to all the islands and caves tours, then you will not be disappointed.
Thailand Travel Blog
Search other articles and areas of Thailand in our Thailand Travel Blog