- Ascott Sathorn in Bangkok
- Avani Atrium Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Centre Hotel in Bangkok – Thailand
- Bangkok Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Chiang Mai Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Hua Hin Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Koh Samui Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Krabi Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Pattaya Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Phuket Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Thailand and Bangkok Cheap Hotels and Tours
- Thailand Tours and Activities
- Transferring Money To Thailand
- Welcome to the Thailand Travel Blog
Posts by category
- Category: Bangkok
- Top 10 Things To See In Bangkok – Thailand
- Where To Find Thailand Hotels and Resorts
- Bangkok and Thailand Taxis
- Float House River Kwai Resort
- Getting Around Bangkok And Things You Should Know
- Spending Valentines Day in Bangkok
- Thailand Weather and Radar Satellite
- Patpong Night Market
- Dental Tourism In Thailand
- 101 Things To Do In Bangkok
- Reaching Your Thailand Hotel In Luxury
- Best Food in Bangkok – Bangkok and Thai Street Food in Thailand
- A Quick Guide to Pattaya in Thailand
- Bangkok Airport Transfers
- Category: Buddha
- Category: Chiang Mai
- Category: Hotel Specials
- Category: Koh Phangan
- What to do on Koh Samui – Thailand
- How To Get To Koh Samui – Thailand
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party – What to Expect – Do’s and Don’ts – Tips
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party Dates and Getting There
- Koh Phangan Attractions
- Koh Samui Airport Information – Domestic – International – Arrivals – Departures
- Visa Run from Koh Samui
- Category: Koh Samui
- Category: Pattaya
- Category: Photos
- Category: Phuket
- Category: Slider
- Category: Thai Food
- Thai Red Duck Curry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Street Food – Thai Street, Market and Beach Food
- Beef, Cashew and Thai Basil Stir Fry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Ronald McDonald
- Pad Thai Recipe – How To Cook Pad Thai
- Thai Cooking Classes and Market Tours
- Tom Yum Goong – Spicy Prawn Soup
- Thai Green Curry Recipe – (Gaeng Kiaw Wan Neua)
- Category: Thailand Travel
- Things To Know About Thailand
- Etiquette in Thailand Cinemas – Standing in Thailand Movie Theatres
- Roadside Bottled Gasoline and Petrol in Thailand
- Makha Bucha Day
- Thailand Visa and Entry Information – Visa Runs and Visa Extentions
- Thailand Travel Tips
- Some Thailand Holiday Tips
- Thailand Travel Quiz
- Koh Tao Travel Information, Tours, Getting There and Hotel Accommodation
- Songkran in Thailand – Thai New Year – Water Fights
- Things To Remember For A Holiday
- Tourist Attractions In Thailand
- Things To See In Thailand
- Finding The Best Holiday Accommodation
- Mistakes To Avoid When Holidaying
- The King of Thailand
- Information About The King of Thailand Bhumibol Adulyadej
- Travel Information About Koh Chang – Thailand
- The Right Thailand Accommodation For You
- Protecting Your Belongings At The Beach
- Cheap Flights To Thailand
- Travel To Thailand
- Thailand Travel Medical Emergencies
- Most Popular Thailand Destinations
- Thailand Hotel Booking Disasters
- Checklist for Expats Moving Overseas
- Holiday Activities For A Rainy Day
- Places To Visit In Bangkok
- Thailand Travel Apps
- Quick Thailand Travel Guide
- Learning Thai through Travel
- Thailand Tourist Scams
- Thailand Hotel Tips
- Packing Tips For Family Travel
- Tips To Sleep Better In Thailand Hotels
- St Patrick’s Day in Thailand – Bangkok – Phuket – Koh Samui – Pattaya – Chiang Mai
- The History of the Thailand Flag
- Ice In Beer in Thailand
- Thailand Tourist Police
- Wearing a Motorbike Helmet in Thailand
- Thailand Motor Bikes
- Category: Tours
Krabi Travel Information
We have Krabi Travel Information for you, so you can discover the best parts of Krabi.
Krabi sums up the beauty of Thailand in a single province, with jungles, highlands, stunning islands and some of the country’s best beaches.
Though nearly inaccessible forty years ago, improved roads have made Krabi accessible by tour bus, taxi.
For those who prefer the freedom of setting their own pace you can hire a car or motor bike.
There are also a lot of Krabi Hotels to choose from, in all prices to suit your budget.
Our Krabi Travel Information is for you to learn a little bit about Krabi, so it gives you that urge to see it for yourself.
In and Around Krabi Town
Krabi Town, capital of the province, has retained its relaxed, friendly character.
Previously it was popular as a base camp for visitors who want to sample both countryside and seaside of Thailand.
One of the best known attractions here is Tiger Cave.
It has a 1,237 step climb that delivers visitors to a functioning Buddhist monastery.
Up there it has panoramic views of the surrounding landscape.
The Krabi Town area also boasts idyllic beaches, including Railay, Aonang and Phra Nang, which rank among Thailand’s best.
Local scenery includes mangrove stands, limestone cliffs covered with verdant greenery a beautiful bay and a coastline overlooking the Andaman Sea.
Popular ways to take it all in include boat excursions and ferries, trail riding on horseback and kayaking tours.
Cliffs and stony outcroppings rising straight from land sea from draw climbers from all over the world.
Unspoiled Inland Beauty of Krabi
A short 20km drive from Krabi Town is the Khao Phanom Bencha National Park.
This compact gem harbours a large tract of virgin rainforest along with numerous waterfalls, including Huay To Falls with an eleven-tiered drop.
Than Bok Khorani National Park is 45km from Krabi Town.
It features cascading mountain streams and pools, mangrove forests, gardenia and asoka trees and numerous waterfalls.
It also has several geologically distinct caves, one of which, Tham Phi Hua To, has prehistoric wall paintings.
Both parks are good choices for ecotourists.
Activities for visitors include climbing, nature trails, and bird watching.
Krabi Islands and Beaches
Krabi province is famous for the beaches and islands along its western coast.
The soft, pale sands, tranquil waters, and coral formations are popular with sunbathers, swimmers, snorkel enthusiasts and divers.
Not to be missed is Koh Lanta National Park, which includes several islands, two beaches, prime diving spots.
For the nature lovers it has a good nature walk through unspoiled jungle near the park’s headquarters on Koh Lanta Yai.
Also popular are the much-visited but largely uninhabited Phi Phi Islands.
The Phi Phi Islands have coves and white sand beaches against a jungle backdrop are irresistible.
Substantial coral gardens and the ever-shifting blues and greens of the waters make the islands well worth a day trip.
The best time to visit Krabi is during the non-monsoon season of November to May.
Then the sunshine is plentiful and cooling breezes keep heat and humidity at bay.
This is the peak holiday season, so be sure to look into your Krabi Accommodation, tours and car hire well in advance.
Thailand Hotels Search
Thailand and Asia Trains, Ferries, Buses, Planes Timetables and Prices
Krabi is famous for all its tours and activities.
People come from miles around the world just to experience the wonders that this place has to offer.
There are one day tours, half day tours and multi day tours around the Phi Phi Islands and Krabi.
Thailand Travel Blog
For more Krabi Travel information please see our other blog articles in our Thailand Travel Blog
This post was supplied by Skedaddle Car Hire.