- Ascott Sathorn in Bangkok
- Avani Atrium Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Centre Hotel in Bangkok – Thailand
- Bangkok Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Chiang Mai Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Hua Hin Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Koh Samui Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Krabi Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Pattaya Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Phuket Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Thailand and Bangkok Cheap Hotels and Tours
- Thailand Tours and Activities
- Transferring Money To Thailand
- Welcome to the Thailand Travel Blog
Posts by category
- Category: Bangkok
- Top 10 Things To See In Bangkok – Thailand
- Where To Find Thailand Hotels and Resorts
- Bangkok and Thailand Taxis
- Float House River Kwai Resort
- Getting Around Bangkok And Things You Should Know
- Spending Valentines Day in Bangkok
- Thailand Weather and Radar Satellite
- Patpong Night Market
- Dental Tourism In Thailand
- 101 Things To Do In Bangkok
- Reaching Your Thailand Hotel In Luxury
- Best Food in Bangkok – Bangkok and Thai Street Food in Thailand
- A Quick Guide to Pattaya in Thailand
- Bangkok Airport Transfers
- Category: Buddha
- Category: Chiang Mai
- Category: Hotel Specials
- Category: Koh Phangan
- What to do on Koh Samui – Thailand
- How To Get To Koh Samui – Thailand
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party – What to Expect – Do’s and Don’ts – Tips
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party Dates and Getting There
- Koh Phangan Attractions
- Koh Samui Airport Information – Domestic – International – Arrivals – Departures
- Visa Run from Koh Samui
- Category: Koh Samui
- Category: Pattaya
- Category: Photos
- Category: Phuket
- Category: Slider
- Category: Thai Food
- Thai Red Duck Curry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Street Food – Thai Street, Market and Beach Food
- Beef, Cashew and Thai Basil Stir Fry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Ronald McDonald
- Pad Thai Recipe – How To Cook Pad Thai
- Thai Cooking Classes and Market Tours
- Tom Yum Goong – Spicy Prawn Soup
- Thai Green Curry Recipe – (Gaeng Kiaw Wan Neua)
- Category: Thailand Travel
- Things To Know About Thailand
- Etiquette in Thailand Cinemas – Standing in Thailand Movie Theatres
- Roadside Bottled Gasoline and Petrol in Thailand
- Makha Bucha Day
- Thailand Visa and Entry Information – Visa Runs and Visa Extentions
- Thailand Travel Tips
- Some Thailand Holiday Tips
- Thailand Travel Quiz
- Koh Tao Travel Information, Tours, Getting There and Hotel Accommodation
- Songkran in Thailand – Thai New Year – Water Fights
- Things To Remember For A Holiday
- Tourist Attractions In Thailand
- Things To See In Thailand
- Finding The Best Holiday Accommodation
- Mistakes To Avoid When Holidaying
- The King of Thailand
- Information About The King of Thailand Bhumibol Adulyadej
- Travel Information About Koh Chang – Thailand
- The Right Thailand Accommodation For You
- Protecting Your Belongings At The Beach
- Cheap Flights To Thailand
- Travel To Thailand
- Thailand Travel Medical Emergencies
- Most Popular Thailand Destinations
- Thailand Hotel Booking Disasters
- Checklist for Expats Moving Overseas
- Holiday Activities For A Rainy Day
- Places To Visit In Bangkok
- Thailand Travel Apps
- Quick Thailand Travel Guide
- Learning Thai through Travel
- Thailand Tourist Scams
- Thailand Hotel Tips
- Packing Tips For Family Travel
- Tips To Sleep Better In Thailand Hotels
- St Patrick’s Day in Thailand – Bangkok – Phuket – Koh Samui – Pattaya – Chiang Mai
- The History of the Thailand Flag
- Ice In Beer in Thailand
- Thailand Tourist Police
- Wearing a Motorbike Helmet in Thailand
- Thailand Motor Bikes
- Category: Tours
Mistakes To Avoid When Holidaying
A holiday is a time to relax, see something different and enjoy time away from work.
The problem, when traveling overseas, is that most people lack the experience and know-how to avoid making silly and sometimes costly errors.
So here are some mistakes to avoid when holidaying in Thailand
Having An Over Ambitious Itinerary
Do not plan every second of every day for your Thailand holiday.
This will leave you stressed out if you miss the bus or train to your destination.
Be flexible with your travel arrangements and allow for weather, traffic and other things that are outside of your control.
Do not try and see the whole country in one visit, rather pick one location a day and enjoy that area to the fullest.
What will the weather do, will there be rain, snow, sunshine?
All these questions lead you to over-packing your bags. Some tips on over packing mistakes to avoid when holidaying
Over-packing is bad for three reasons:
- Excess luggage will cost more to fly with;
- The more baggage you have, the more you have to lug around with you;
- We all want to buy interesting souvenirs from our trip – over-packing prohibits you from buying these goods.
Forgetting the Budget
The problem we have on holiday is that the budget goes out the window.
We see interesting things and our brain goes into ‘buy everything’ mode.
Ensure that you work on a budget.
It will enable you to visit all the sites you want to see and ensure that you do not run out of money halfway through your travels.
Double Check Your Passports and Other Documents.
Before setting off for the airport, double check your passport, other documents and reservations are correctly booked.
Always verify the times and locations, and make sure that they are scheduled correctly.
Remember to allow for delays and check that your personal details are correctly captured by the relevant parties (airline tickets, Thailand hotel reservations, etc).
With technology nowadays it is easy to keep a copy of your documents by taking a photo of them.
You can then store them in your phone or in a Dropbox or any other online storage
Avoid Carrying Excessive Amounts Of Cash
When traveling avoid carrying all your money in cash.
While you do need some for bus/taxi fares, carry money in travellers checks/cheques and on credit cards.
Remember to never carry all your money with you, as if it is stolen or something happens, you will be stranded in a foreign country with no money.
When traveling on holiday, these are the five common mistakes to avoid when holidaying.
Remember: take your time, do not over-pack, budget properly, double check all bookings and carry a limited amount of money on you at all times.
About The Author
Greg recently stayed at a four star hotel accommodation in Cape Town and found it suited his every needs.