- Ascott Sathorn in Bangkok
- Avani Atrium Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Centre Hotel in Bangkok – Thailand
- Bangkok Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Chiang Mai Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Hua Hin Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Koh Samui Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Krabi Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Pattaya Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Phuket Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Thailand and Bangkok Cheap Hotels and Tours
- Thailand Tours and Activities
- Transferring Money To Thailand
- Welcome to the Thailand Travel Blog
Posts by category
- Category: Bangkok
- Top 10 Things To See In Bangkok – Thailand
- Where To Find Thailand Hotels and Resorts
- Bangkok and Thailand Taxis
- Float House River Kwai Resort
- Getting Around Bangkok And Things You Should Know
- Spending Valentines Day in Bangkok
- Thailand Weather and Radar Satellite
- Patpong Night Market
- Dental Tourism In Thailand
- 101 Things To Do In Bangkok
- Reaching Your Thailand Hotel In Luxury
- Best Food in Bangkok – Bangkok and Thai Street Food in Thailand
- A Quick Guide to Pattaya in Thailand
- Bangkok Airport Transfers
- Category: Buddha
- Category: Chiang Mai
- Category: Hotel Specials
- Category: Koh Phangan
- What to do on Koh Samui – Thailand
- How To Get To Koh Samui – Thailand
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party – What to Expect – Do’s and Don’ts – Tips
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party Dates and Getting There
- Koh Phangan Attractions
- Koh Samui Airport Information – Domestic – International – Arrivals – Departures
- Visa Run from Koh Samui
- Category: Koh Samui
- Category: Pattaya
- Category: Photos
- Category: Phuket
- Category: Slider
- Category: Thai Food
- Thai Red Duck Curry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Street Food – Thai Street, Market and Beach Food
- Beef, Cashew and Thai Basil Stir Fry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Ronald McDonald
- Pad Thai Recipe – How To Cook Pad Thai
- Thai Cooking Classes and Market Tours
- Tom Yum Goong – Spicy Prawn Soup
- Thai Green Curry Recipe – (Gaeng Kiaw Wan Neua)
- Category: Thailand Travel
- Things To Know About Thailand
- Etiquette in Thailand Cinemas – Standing in Thailand Movie Theatres
- Roadside Bottled Gasoline and Petrol in Thailand
- Makha Bucha Day
- Thailand Visa and Entry Information – Visa Runs and Visa Extentions
- Thailand Travel Tips
- Some Thailand Holiday Tips
- Thailand Travel Quiz
- Koh Tao Travel Information, Tours, Getting There and Hotel Accommodation
- Songkran in Thailand – Thai New Year – Water Fights
- Things To Remember For A Holiday
- Tourist Attractions In Thailand
- Things To See In Thailand
- Finding The Best Holiday Accommodation
- Mistakes To Avoid When Holidaying
- The King of Thailand
- Information About The King of Thailand Bhumibol Adulyadej
- Travel Information About Koh Chang – Thailand
- The Right Thailand Accommodation For You
- Protecting Your Belongings At The Beach
- Cheap Flights To Thailand
- Travel To Thailand
- Thailand Travel Medical Emergencies
- Most Popular Thailand Destinations
- Thailand Hotel Booking Disasters
- Checklist for Expats Moving Overseas
- Holiday Activities For A Rainy Day
- Places To Visit In Bangkok
- Thailand Travel Apps
- Quick Thailand Travel Guide
- Learning Thai through Travel
- Thailand Tourist Scams
- Thailand Hotel Tips
- Packing Tips For Family Travel
- Tips To Sleep Better In Thailand Hotels
- St Patrick’s Day in Thailand – Bangkok – Phuket – Koh Samui – Pattaya – Chiang Mai
- The History of the Thailand Flag
- Ice In Beer in Thailand
- Thailand Tourist Police
- Wearing a Motorbike Helmet in Thailand
- Thailand Motor Bikes
- Category: Tours
Pattaya is famous for its beer bars, staffed by “bar girls” who are “for hire” to the tourists and ex-pats who drink there.
There are over 1000 bars around Pattaya to cater for all tastes and budgets.
From small outdoor beer bars in complexes to indoor “shop house” bars and large air conditioned bars, bar complexes, gogo bars and clubs playing live music.
Open-air beer bars can be found all over Pattaya,.
The biggest and best known being along and around Pattaya Soi 7 /Pattaya Soi 8 and Pattaya Walking Street.
They are also at numerous points on Pattaya second Road, Pattaya Beach Road, Soi Buakhao.
There are smaller numbers everywhere, including along the southern end of Naklua Road and at Jomtien.
What To Expect
The bar scene in Pattaya is very full on. It is known as “Sin City” for a reason.
You will be approached by girls when you enter a bar to either buy them a drink or to take them home.
This may be exciting in the first hour or so but it gets full on.
When you visit every bar you are approached by girls who want to sit on your lap and get your money.
The best way is to politely say, “No thanks” and ask for the beer menu.
Although the staff of a typical beer bar will usually all be prostitutes, customers who have no intention of paying a “bar fine” (money paid to the bar so that the girl can leave with the customer) are generally very welcome and indeed make up the majority of the customers.
Indoor beer bars can also be found all over Pattaya, the most notorious areas of Pattaya being Soi Yodsak (Soi 6) and parts of Soi Post Office (Soi 13/2).
Pattaya Tourist Police
Pattaya is notorious for being a place full of drunk young tourists.
Trouble seems to follow drunk people as they get upset with some of the bar girls and how they have been treated.
Or other arguments break out between tourists about girls.
Customers are also sometimes over charged by places, so be aware of this and always ask for drink prices up front.
The Pattaya Tourist Police walk around the main areas to help people who are having a dispute that cannot be resolved.
You can call them on 1155 or try to find them walking the streets.
Thailand and Asia Trains, Ferries, Buses, Planes Timetables and Prices
Getting around Thailand can be daunting as you are unsure where to buy the tickets or where to leave from.
You can use the below Search Box to find ways to get from different places in Thailand using all of the types of way to get there.
Thailand Tours and Activities
If you are looking for Thailand Tours, then you can search all Tours in Thailand with the below Search Box.
Thailand Travel Blog
Search other articles and areas of Thailand in our Thailand Travel Blog