- Ascott Sathorn in Bangkok
- Avani Atrium Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Centre Hotel in Bangkok – Thailand
- Bangkok Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Chiang Mai Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Hua Hin Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Koh Samui Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Krabi Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Pattaya Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Phuket Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Thailand and Bangkok Cheap Hotels and Tours
- Thailand Tours and Activities
- Transferring Money To Thailand
- Welcome to the Thailand Travel Blog
Posts by category
- Category: Bangkok
- Top 10 Things To See In Bangkok – Thailand
- Where To Find Thailand Hotels and Resorts
- Bangkok and Thailand Taxis
- Float House River Kwai Resort
- Getting Around Bangkok And Things You Should Know
- Spending Valentines Day in Bangkok
- Thailand Weather and Radar Satellite
- Patpong Night Market
- Dental Tourism In Thailand
- 101 Things To Do In Bangkok
- Reaching Your Thailand Hotel In Luxury
- Best Food in Bangkok – Bangkok and Thai Street Food in Thailand
- A Quick Guide to Pattaya in Thailand
- Bangkok Airport Transfers
- Category: Buddha
- Category: Chiang Mai
- Category: Hotel Specials
- Category: Koh Phangan
- What to do on Koh Samui – Thailand
- How To Get To Koh Samui – Thailand
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party – What to Expect – Do’s and Don’ts – Tips
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party Dates and Getting There
- Koh Phangan Attractions
- Koh Samui Airport Information – Domestic – International – Arrivals – Departures
- Visa Run from Koh Samui
- Category: Koh Samui
- Category: Pattaya
- Category: Photos
- Category: Phuket
- Category: Slider
- Category: Thai Food
- Thai Red Duck Curry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Street Food – Thai Street, Market and Beach Food
- Beef, Cashew and Thai Basil Stir Fry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Ronald McDonald
- Pad Thai Recipe – How To Cook Pad Thai
- Thai Cooking Classes and Market Tours
- Tom Yum Goong – Spicy Prawn Soup
- Thai Green Curry Recipe – (Gaeng Kiaw Wan Neua)
- Category: Thailand Travel
- Things To Know About Thailand
- Etiquette in Thailand Cinemas – Standing in Thailand Movie Theatres
- Roadside Bottled Gasoline and Petrol in Thailand
- Makha Bucha Day
- Thailand Visa and Entry Information – Visa Runs and Visa Extentions
- Thailand Travel Tips
- Some Thailand Holiday Tips
- Thailand Travel Quiz
- Koh Tao Travel Information, Tours, Getting There and Hotel Accommodation
- Songkran in Thailand – Thai New Year – Water Fights
- Things To Remember For A Holiday
- Tourist Attractions In Thailand
- Things To See In Thailand
- Finding The Best Holiday Accommodation
- Mistakes To Avoid When Holidaying
- The King of Thailand
- Information About The King of Thailand Bhumibol Adulyadej
- Travel Information About Koh Chang – Thailand
- The Right Thailand Accommodation For You
- Protecting Your Belongings At The Beach
- Cheap Flights To Thailand
- Travel To Thailand
- Thailand Travel Medical Emergencies
- Most Popular Thailand Destinations
- Thailand Hotel Booking Disasters
- Checklist for Expats Moving Overseas
- Holiday Activities For A Rainy Day
- Places To Visit In Bangkok
- Thailand Travel Apps
- Quick Thailand Travel Guide
- Learning Thai through Travel
- Thailand Tourist Scams
- Thailand Hotel Tips
- Packing Tips For Family Travel
- Tips To Sleep Better In Thailand Hotels
- St Patrick’s Day in Thailand – Bangkok – Phuket – Koh Samui – Pattaya – Chiang Mai
- The History of the Thailand Flag
- Ice In Beer in Thailand
- Thailand Tourist Police
- Wearing a Motorbike Helmet in Thailand
- Thailand Motor Bikes
- Category: Tours
Thailand Hotel Booking Disasters
We highlight some Thailand Hotel Booking Disasters and how to avoid them.
Booking a hotel seems like it should be a fairly trivial task.
You simply make a reservation, put it on your credit card and be done.
Of course sometimes there are little extra fees, package deals and so forth, but for the most part it’s all a very streamlined process.
It certainly doesn’t seem like there should be many problems that can arise from such a basic system.
Unfortunately every day citizens of the world encounter all kinds of crazy problems with their Thailand hotel reservations.
Having a Thailand Hotel Booking Disasters can put a dampener on their trip.
Knowing a Potential Problem
But knowing about these problems is one thing, doing something to avoid them is another thing altogether.
While these problems can be quite common, doing everything in your power to avoid coming across them will help make your trip go as easily as possible and provide fewer headaches than are necessary.
Doing a bit of research can go a long way, and taking a few extra steps can make a huge difference in your trip.
If it means avoiding all of these little fiascos before they ever happen, then a smooth holiday is a good thing.
Here are three hotel booking disasters, and tips on how to avoid them
Watch Out for Overbooking
First of all there’s the fairly common problem of overbooking.
This means booking your hotel through a package deal such as Expedia.
When you get all the confirmation and the charges, and then arrive to find out the room you thought you’d booked was actually already booked.
This happens because Expedia functions separately from the hotel, so if there’s ever an issue between their systems, an error in communication,
Expedia might not realise a booking has already been made but because online bookings are the way of the future, it does not happen often
This is easily avoided . Once you get your conformation email, contact the hotel directly to confirm
You will have a booking reference number, so tell them that and they will confirm.
That way you also have an email for the actual hotel stating that you have a booking.
Previous Bookings Not Mentioned
Another issue that can occur with booking is showing up and finding out the hotel you’ve planned to stay in has been occupied by large groups of people
These people aren’t always an issue, but sometimes they can turn the hotel into chaos
You can have people running around to different rooms, shouting in the hallways and so forth.
Not to mention how crowded the amenities can get when this happens, meaning you mightn’t get to use some of the luxuries you wanted.
This, again, can be avoided by asking the staff if there are any mass booking or planned events in the area when making the reservations.
Check Before You Book Your Hotel
Construction in and around the hotel can be quite disturbing, especially since hotels continue running even as this happens.
Asking about it before confirming your reservation can save you a real headache.
This construction can start early in the morning and remain going all throughout the day.
It can be very loud and disturbs the peace you probably want while in the hotel.
If you book your hotel with us, then you get free cancellations on most hotels.
This means you can secure your hotel and then enquire about the above things.
About The Author
Travel writer Oscar Gomez knows you must be careful when you travel and ask the right questions.