- Ascott Sathorn in Bangkok
- Avani Atrium Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Centre Hotel in Bangkok – Thailand
- Bangkok Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Chiang Mai Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Hua Hin Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Koh Samui Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Krabi Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Pattaya Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Phuket Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Thailand and Bangkok Cheap Hotels and Tours
- Thailand Tours and Activities
- Transferring Money To Thailand
- Welcome to the Thailand Travel Blog
Posts by category
- Category: Bangkok
- Top 10 Things To See In Bangkok – Thailand
- Where To Find Thailand Hotels and Resorts
- Bangkok and Thailand Taxis
- Float House River Kwai Resort
- Getting Around Bangkok And Things You Should Know
- Spending Valentines Day in Bangkok
- Thailand Weather and Radar Satellite
- Patpong Night Market
- Dental Tourism In Thailand
- 101 Things To Do In Bangkok
- Reaching Your Thailand Hotel In Luxury
- Best Food in Bangkok – Bangkok and Thai Street Food in Thailand
- A Quick Guide to Pattaya in Thailand
- Bangkok Airport Transfers
- Category: Buddha
- Category: Chiang Mai
- Category: Hotel Specials
- Category: Koh Phangan
- What to do on Koh Samui – Thailand
- How To Get To Koh Samui – Thailand
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party – What to Expect – Do’s and Don’ts – Tips
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party Dates and Getting There
- Koh Phangan Attractions
- Koh Samui Airport Information – Domestic – International – Arrivals – Departures
- Visa Run from Koh Samui
- Category: Koh Samui
- Category: Pattaya
- Category: Photos
- Category: Phuket
- Category: Slider
- Category: Thai Food
- Thai Red Duck Curry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Street Food – Thai Street, Market and Beach Food
- Beef, Cashew and Thai Basil Stir Fry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Ronald McDonald
- Pad Thai Recipe – How To Cook Pad Thai
- Thai Cooking Classes and Market Tours
- Tom Yum Goong – Spicy Prawn Soup
- Thai Green Curry Recipe – (Gaeng Kiaw Wan Neua)
- Category: Thailand Travel
- Things To Know About Thailand
- Etiquette in Thailand Cinemas – Standing in Thailand Movie Theatres
- Roadside Bottled Gasoline and Petrol in Thailand
- Makha Bucha Day
- Thailand Visa and Entry Information – Visa Runs and Visa Extentions
- Thailand Travel Tips
- Some Thailand Holiday Tips
- Thailand Travel Quiz
- Koh Tao Travel Information, Tours, Getting There and Hotel Accommodation
- Songkran in Thailand – Thai New Year – Water Fights
- Things To Remember For A Holiday
- Tourist Attractions In Thailand
- Things To See In Thailand
- Finding The Best Holiday Accommodation
- Mistakes To Avoid When Holidaying
- The King of Thailand
- Information About The King of Thailand Bhumibol Adulyadej
- Travel Information About Koh Chang – Thailand
- The Right Thailand Accommodation For You
- Protecting Your Belongings At The Beach
- Cheap Flights To Thailand
- Travel To Thailand
- Thailand Travel Medical Emergencies
- Most Popular Thailand Destinations
- Thailand Hotel Booking Disasters
- Checklist for Expats Moving Overseas
- Holiday Activities For A Rainy Day
- Places To Visit In Bangkok
- Thailand Travel Apps
- Quick Thailand Travel Guide
- Learning Thai through Travel
- Thailand Tourist Scams
- Thailand Hotel Tips
- Packing Tips For Family Travel
- Tips To Sleep Better In Thailand Hotels
- St Patrick’s Day in Thailand – Bangkok – Phuket – Koh Samui – Pattaya – Chiang Mai
- The History of the Thailand Flag
- Ice In Beer in Thailand
- Thailand Tourist Police
- Wearing a Motorbike Helmet in Thailand
- Thailand Motor Bikes
- Category: Tours
Thailand Travel Tips
Booking your Thailand Holiday can be fairly hectic especially during the familiar holiday times, so here are some Thailand Travel Tips.
This is the main time when people travel to see family and friends or to take a well deserved break.
If you follow some simple Thailand Travel tips, it’s going to help guarantee you’ll have one of the best Thailand holiday.
Planning that something will go wrong is the first step to planning your holiday.
Being ready for issues to go wrong will minimise the worry when something does go wrong.
It will allow you to have a smoother holiday as you will not have to stress about that anything might go wrong.
Holidays are to be loved, not worried over.
So even taking out Travel Insurance will allow you to at least not have to have extra expenses if something does go wrong.
Ensure you have all of your tickets and confirmation numbers in a particular place.
Most Travel Agents offers you a travel pouch, in order that all your travel paperwork will be in the one place.
It is a good idea to make a copy of the information, plus a copy of the contact number of your Travel Agent.
Just place all of this in another location or keep it protected at home with a friend.
With the ability of the internet it is even easy to scan a copy and save it on your pc.
You can also save it somewhere online where you’ll be able to access it from any computer. ie Facebook or Hotmail.
You can also get free online storage from places like Drop Box, Google Drive and One Drive.
This way, if you lose the originals you will have all the needed information to get you by.
You should also call or E-Mail your Thailand Accommodation a few weeks before you arrive.
This is to verify your reservation is still active and if you have organised an airport pick up, that it is all on track.
Thailand Travel Delays
It’s common for your Thailand Travel flights, trains, and buses to get delayed over your trip.
Mainly just because the volume of people that travel over the popular Thailand Holiday periods.
Security issues, climate, and basic maintenance can also cause delays at anytime while you are traveling.
Be sure you have plenty of money, meals, drinks, and necessities to get you through these delays.
Delays have been known to range from a few hours to a few days.
Especially when the Floods occurred or when there are political protests happened and shut down the airports.
If you are traveling a long distance you need to contemplate bringing along things to pass the time.
Especially if you’re traveling with children. It’s amazing what just a few extra toys will help keep the kids busy.
Make sure you pack your phone charger or also travel with an extra charged battery or portable charger.
Misplaced luggage is without doubt one of the greatest issues when people travel throughout the holidays.
While you actually can’t prevent your luggage from being misplaced, you can do your best to have your belongings with you everywhere you travel.
Ensure each person touring in your group has a small amount of clothes in each other’s suitcase.
This way everybody can have some items should a suitcase or two get lost within your travels.
Clearly label your baggage so that you’ll be sure to get yours upon reaching your destination.
Too many suitcases look identical and many individuals are in a hurry when they travel for the holidays.
They may even pick up yours by mistake, especially if yours is a popular brand and colour.
Place a colorful ribbon or coloured tape upon your baggage when your suitcase is a popular shape or colour.
If you travel frequently then you should take into account some distinctive looking baggage that can stand out.
Thailand Hotels Search
Thailand and Asia Trains, Ferries, Buses, Planes Timetables and Prices
Thailand Travel Blog
Search other articles and areas of Thailand in our Thailand Travel Blog