- Ascott Sathorn in Bangkok
- Avani Atrium Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Centre Hotel in Bangkok – Thailand
- Bangkok Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Chiang Mai Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Hua Hin Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Koh Samui Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Krabi Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Pattaya Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Phuket Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Thailand and Bangkok Cheap Hotels and Tours
- Thailand Tours and Activities
- Transferring Money To Thailand
- Welcome to the Thailand Travel Blog
Posts by category
- Category: Bangkok
- Top 10 Things To See In Bangkok – Thailand
- Where To Find Thailand Hotels and Resorts
- Bangkok and Thailand Taxis
- Float House River Kwai Resort
- Getting Around Bangkok And Things You Should Know
- Spending Valentines Day in Bangkok
- Thailand Weather and Radar Satellite
- Patpong Night Market
- Dental Tourism In Thailand
- 101 Things To Do In Bangkok
- Reaching Your Thailand Hotel In Luxury
- Best Food in Bangkok – Bangkok and Thai Street Food in Thailand
- A Quick Guide to Pattaya in Thailand
- Bangkok Airport Transfers
- Category: Buddha
- Category: Chiang Mai
- Category: Hotel Specials
- Category: Koh Phangan
- What to do on Koh Samui – Thailand
- How To Get To Koh Samui – Thailand
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party – What to Expect – Do’s and Don’ts – Tips
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party Dates and Getting There
- Koh Phangan Attractions
- Koh Samui Airport Information – Domestic – International – Arrivals – Departures
- Visa Run from Koh Samui
- Category: Koh Samui
- Category: Pattaya
- Category: Photos
- Category: Phuket
- Category: Slider
- Category: Thai Food
- Thai Red Duck Curry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Street Food – Thai Street, Market and Beach Food
- Beef, Cashew and Thai Basil Stir Fry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Ronald McDonald
- Pad Thai Recipe – How To Cook Pad Thai
- Thai Cooking Classes and Market Tours
- Tom Yum Goong – Spicy Prawn Soup
- Thai Green Curry Recipe – (Gaeng Kiaw Wan Neua)
- Category: Thailand Travel
- Things To Know About Thailand
- Etiquette in Thailand Cinemas – Standing in Thailand Movie Theatres
- Roadside Bottled Gasoline and Petrol in Thailand
- Makha Bucha Day
- Thailand Visa and Entry Information – Visa Runs and Visa Extentions
- Thailand Travel Tips
- Some Thailand Holiday Tips
- Thailand Travel Quiz
- Koh Tao Travel Information, Tours, Getting There and Hotel Accommodation
- Songkran in Thailand – Thai New Year – Water Fights
- Things To Remember For A Holiday
- Tourist Attractions In Thailand
- Things To See In Thailand
- Finding The Best Holiday Accommodation
- Mistakes To Avoid When Holidaying
- The King of Thailand
- Information About The King of Thailand Bhumibol Adulyadej
- Travel Information About Koh Chang – Thailand
- The Right Thailand Accommodation For You
- Protecting Your Belongings At The Beach
- Cheap Flights To Thailand
- Travel To Thailand
- Thailand Travel Medical Emergencies
- Most Popular Thailand Destinations
- Thailand Hotel Booking Disasters
- Checklist for Expats Moving Overseas
- Holiday Activities For A Rainy Day
- Places To Visit In Bangkok
- Thailand Travel Apps
- Quick Thailand Travel Guide
- Learning Thai through Travel
- Thailand Tourist Scams
- Thailand Hotel Tips
- Packing Tips For Family Travel
- Tips To Sleep Better In Thailand Hotels
- St Patrick’s Day in Thailand – Bangkok – Phuket – Koh Samui – Pattaya – Chiang Mai
- The History of the Thailand Flag
- Ice In Beer in Thailand
- Thailand Tourist Police
- Wearing a Motorbike Helmet in Thailand
- Thailand Motor Bikes
- Category: Tours
Thailand Wedding Destination
There is no arguing that a Thailand wedding destination can be extremely rewarding and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Unfortunately, there are a few unique issues which can quickly turn your perfect destination wedding into a horrible experience.
The key is knowing how Thailand destinations wedding are different and planning accordingly.
Always Consider the Time of Year
The biggest mistake you can make when planning a Thailand wedding destination is forgetting about the time of year you plan on getting married.
The best weather at popular vacation destinations typically correlates with the season.
This means larger crowds, fewer available hotel rooms, and higher rates all around.
If you choose to plan a wedding in the middle of tourism season, make sure you start booking hotel blocks and venues at least a year in advance.
To make things easier, you may want to consider holding your wedding during shoulder season, which is right after the high season.
Not only will this give you an opportunity to save some money, but the entire planning process will be easier.
Take a Trip before Choosing Your Wedding Location
It is amazing how many people choose a location for their Thailand wedding destination without ever visiting.
Ideally, you should take several trips to your target location.
This gives you multiple opportunities to scout and secure venues, local vendors, and even squeeze in a few tastings.
If you have never visited your favorite location before, the months leading up to your wedding will be full of added stress because you don’t really know what to expect.
Always Budget for Extra Expenses
In the perfect situation a Thailand wedding destination can cost the same, and sometimes less, than a local wedding.
This is particularly true if you live in an expensive US Metropolitan area where event facilities are expensive and in high demand.
At the same time, there are always additional expenses you need to factor in when trading your budget.
Common expenses include importing key vendors, decorations, welcome bags for guests, and of course travel costs.
Don’t Forget About Local Marriage Requirements
With so much to do, it is easy to forget the local marriage requirements may be different than what you are used to.
This is particularly true if your wedding destination is held in Thailand.
A majority of countries have a residency requirement you must meet before getting legally married.
They typically range from 24 hours to seven days, although some countries have a much longer requirement.
For example, France requires you to arrive at least 40 days before you can get legally married.
You Are Going to Need Help
If you plan on hosting a wedding at a Thailand location there is almost no chance you’ll be able to manage everything yourself.
It is essential you hire a local wedding planner to take care of the details and shoulder the burden of researching in securing local vendors.
Let Your Friends and Family Know Early in the Planning Process
Even if you don’t know exactly where you want your wedding to be, let your friends and family know that you are planning a destination wedding as soon as possible.
This gives them a chance to decline if finances are tight or they simply cannot attend.
Just because you are treating your wedding as a mini vacation, it doesn’t mean everyone else wants to treat it the same way.
A Thailand Wedding Destination can be a fantastic journey, but like every journey you need to have a solid plan of attack.
It is important to identify potential problems early in the planning process to ensure your trip is as uncomplicated and stress-free as possible.
Finding The Right Thailand Accommodation
Thailand is full of great tropical beaches and they are great places to have a beach wedding.
So where in Thailand do you pick?
The best place would be a place like Phuket, where you can fly directly to it.
This would save on costs and be more inviting for your guests
Search Phuket and Thailand Hotels Below.
Thailand Hotels Search
About The Author
Jennifer Jones is a professional wedding photographer with PhotographyLuxe.com in Austin, TX.
She has an amazing eye for romantic, beautiful scenes that will give you and instant feeling of nostalgia.