- Ascott Sathorn in Bangkok
- Avani Atrium Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Centre Hotel in Bangkok – Thailand
- Bangkok Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Chiang Mai Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Hua Hin Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Koh Samui Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Krabi Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Pattaya Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Phuket Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Thailand and Bangkok Cheap Hotels and Tours
- Thailand Tours and Activities
- Transferring Money To Thailand
- Welcome to the Thailand Travel Blog
Posts by category
- Category: Bangkok
- Top 10 Things To See In Bangkok – Thailand
- Where To Find Thailand Hotels and Resorts
- Bangkok and Thailand Taxis
- Float House River Kwai Resort
- Getting Around Bangkok And Things You Should Know
- Spending Valentines Day in Bangkok
- Thailand Weather and Radar Satellite
- Patpong Night Market
- Dental Tourism In Thailand
- 101 Things To Do In Bangkok
- Reaching Your Thailand Hotel In Luxury
- Best Food in Bangkok – Bangkok and Thai Street Food in Thailand
- A Quick Guide to Pattaya in Thailand
- Bangkok Airport Transfers
- Category: Buddha
- Category: Chiang Mai
- Category: Hotel Specials
- Category: Koh Phangan
- What to do on Koh Samui – Thailand
- How To Get To Koh Samui – Thailand
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party – What to Expect – Do’s and Don’ts – Tips
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party Dates and Getting There
- Koh Phangan Attractions
- Koh Samui Airport Information – Domestic – International – Arrivals – Departures
- Visa Run from Koh Samui
- Category: Koh Samui
- Category: Pattaya
- Category: Photos
- Category: Phuket
- Category: Slider
- Category: Thai Food
- Thai Red Duck Curry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Street Food – Thai Street, Market and Beach Food
- Beef, Cashew and Thai Basil Stir Fry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Ronald McDonald
- Pad Thai Recipe – How To Cook Pad Thai
- Thai Cooking Classes and Market Tours
- Tom Yum Goong – Spicy Prawn Soup
- Thai Green Curry Recipe – (Gaeng Kiaw Wan Neua)
- Category: Thailand Travel
- Things To Know About Thailand
- Etiquette in Thailand Cinemas – Standing in Thailand Movie Theatres
- Roadside Bottled Gasoline and Petrol in Thailand
- Makha Bucha Day
- Thailand Visa and Entry Information – Visa Runs and Visa Extentions
- Thailand Travel Tips
- Some Thailand Holiday Tips
- Thailand Travel Quiz
- Koh Tao Travel Information, Tours, Getting There and Hotel Accommodation
- Songkran in Thailand – Thai New Year – Water Fights
- Things To Remember For A Holiday
- Tourist Attractions In Thailand
- Things To See In Thailand
- Finding The Best Holiday Accommodation
- Mistakes To Avoid When Holidaying
- The King of Thailand
- Information About The King of Thailand Bhumibol Adulyadej
- Travel Information About Koh Chang – Thailand
- The Right Thailand Accommodation For You
- Protecting Your Belongings At The Beach
- Cheap Flights To Thailand
- Travel To Thailand
- Thailand Travel Medical Emergencies
- Most Popular Thailand Destinations
- Thailand Hotel Booking Disasters
- Checklist for Expats Moving Overseas
- Holiday Activities For A Rainy Day
- Places To Visit In Bangkok
- Thailand Travel Apps
- Quick Thailand Travel Guide
- Learning Thai through Travel
- Thailand Tourist Scams
- Thailand Hotel Tips
- Packing Tips For Family Travel
- Tips To Sleep Better In Thailand Hotels
- St Patrick’s Day in Thailand – Bangkok – Phuket – Koh Samui – Pattaya – Chiang Mai
- The History of the Thailand Flag
- Ice In Beer in Thailand
- Thailand Tourist Police
- Wearing a Motorbike Helmet in Thailand
- Thailand Motor Bikes
- Category: Tours
The Right Thailand Accommodation For You
What is the right Thailand accommodation for you. Hotels, Hostels or Resorts?
With so many accommodation options to choose from it’s easy to get overwhelmed, so The Right Thailand Accommodation For You?
Below are some Thailand accommodation options and what they offer to suit your budget and holiday requirements:
Resorts offer spacious, high-quality accommodation and a huge range of guest services, tours and activities.
The activities will suit the location, so depending where you are, you can hit the ski slopes, play a round of golf or sip cocktails by the pool.
Prices vary so check online to get the best deal available.
Thailand Hotels are the most common accommodation that you will find.
They are usually located in areas of tourist interest.
Hotels are great for a business trip, an indulgent holiday or even if you are on a budget.
The majority of hotels offer room service, fitness centre, restaurants and bars.
There are plenty of websites offering huge discounts on hotel accommodation, so take a look online for substantial savings.
Hotels Combined search all of the online hotel sites and gives you the best price out of all of them.
Motels offer comfortable accommodation at a reasonable price.
Rooms typically include kitchen facilities, televisions and private bath or shower.
They can be quite spacious compared to a Hotel so ideal for families needing extra space or bedrooms.
They could be more kid friendly too with a playground on site.
Even though there are not many Motels in the popular tourist areas of Thailand, you can find Thailand hotels with kitchens and lounge areas.
Thailand Bed and Breakfasts
Bed and Breakfasts are similar to Hotels but on a smaller scale and are usually located out of the CBD.
B&B’s are good for that quick overnight stay location and most are cheaper than hotels while providing the same services.
Great if you want a luxurious break in the peaceful country with stunning natural views.
Camping is a great cheap accommodation option especially good for families.
Most camping sites can offer facilities such as electricity, hot showers, laundry and more.
If you select a camping site in the picturesque countryside or a national park- this could add to a pleasurable stay.
Thailand Hostels and Backpackers
Are hostels the right Thailand Accommodation for you?
Hostels are another great option if you are on a budget.
They are affordable because they have fewer services than a hotel, and if you are sharing a room with other backpackers this will bring the price down even more.
As well as saving money, hostels are a great way of meeting people and gathering tips on what to do and see.
House swapping is a fantastic option if you want to save on accommodation costs altogether.
To be involved in house swapping entails exchanging a house or holiday house with someone else for an agreed amount of time.
There are house swap websites and social networks make it easy for homeowners to connect with other homeowners all around the world.
If you are still having difficulty deciding on a type of accommodation then don’t forget to check out Online.
There are a number of forums that can offer tips, opinions and suggestions about travel and accommodations.
We have a Facebook Thailand Travel Group that you can join to ask questions about anything about Thailand.
Thailand Travel Blog
Search other articles and areas of Thailand in our Thailand Travel Blog
About The Author
Chloe works on behalf of Joondalup Resort, a top holiday resort destination in Perth, Australia. It is the perfect venue for weddings, corporate meetings, golf days, and holiday getaways.