- Ascott Sathorn in Bangkok
- Avani Atrium Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Centre Hotel in Bangkok – Thailand
- Bangkok Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Chiang Mai Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Hua Hin Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Koh Samui Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Krabi Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Pattaya Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Phuket Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Thailand and Bangkok Cheap Hotels and Tours
- Thailand Tours and Activities
- Transferring Money To Thailand
- Welcome to the Thailand Travel Blog
Posts by category
- Category: Bangkok
- Top 10 Things To See In Bangkok – Thailand
- Where To Find Thailand Hotels and Resorts
- Bangkok and Thailand Taxis
- Float House River Kwai Resort
- Getting Around Bangkok And Things You Should Know
- Spending Valentines Day in Bangkok
- Thailand Weather and Radar Satellite
- Patpong Night Market
- Dental Tourism In Thailand
- 101 Things To Do In Bangkok
- Reaching Your Thailand Hotel In Luxury
- Best Food in Bangkok – Bangkok and Thai Street Food in Thailand
- A Quick Guide to Pattaya in Thailand
- Bangkok Airport Transfers
- Category: Buddha
- Category: Chiang Mai
- Category: Hotel Specials
- Category: Koh Phangan
- What to do on Koh Samui – Thailand
- How To Get To Koh Samui – Thailand
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party – What to Expect – Do’s and Don’ts – Tips
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party Dates and Getting There
- Koh Phangan Attractions
- Koh Samui Airport Information – Domestic – International – Arrivals – Departures
- Visa Run from Koh Samui
- Category: Koh Samui
- Category: Pattaya
- Category: Photos
- Category: Phuket
- Category: Slider
- Category: Thai Food
- Thai Red Duck Curry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Street Food – Thai Street, Market and Beach Food
- Beef, Cashew and Thai Basil Stir Fry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Ronald McDonald
- Pad Thai Recipe – How To Cook Pad Thai
- Thai Cooking Classes and Market Tours
- Tom Yum Goong – Spicy Prawn Soup
- Thai Green Curry Recipe – (Gaeng Kiaw Wan Neua)
- Category: Thailand Travel
- Things To Know About Thailand
- Etiquette in Thailand Cinemas – Standing in Thailand Movie Theatres
- Roadside Bottled Gasoline and Petrol in Thailand
- Makha Bucha Day
- Thailand Visa and Entry Information – Visa Runs and Visa Extentions
- Thailand Travel Tips
- Some Thailand Holiday Tips
- Thailand Travel Quiz
- Koh Tao Travel Information, Tours, Getting There and Hotel Accommodation
- Songkran in Thailand – Thai New Year – Water Fights
- Things To Remember For A Holiday
- Tourist Attractions In Thailand
- Things To See In Thailand
- Finding The Best Holiday Accommodation
- Mistakes To Avoid When Holidaying
- The King of Thailand
- Information About The King of Thailand Bhumibol Adulyadej
- Travel Information About Koh Chang – Thailand
- The Right Thailand Accommodation For You
- Protecting Your Belongings At The Beach
- Cheap Flights To Thailand
- Travel To Thailand
- Thailand Travel Medical Emergencies
- Most Popular Thailand Destinations
- Thailand Hotel Booking Disasters
- Checklist for Expats Moving Overseas
- Holiday Activities For A Rainy Day
- Places To Visit In Bangkok
- Thailand Travel Apps
- Quick Thailand Travel Guide
- Learning Thai through Travel
- Thailand Tourist Scams
- Thailand Hotel Tips
- Packing Tips For Family Travel
- Tips To Sleep Better In Thailand Hotels
- St Patrick’s Day in Thailand – Bangkok – Phuket – Koh Samui – Pattaya – Chiang Mai
- The History of the Thailand Flag
- Ice In Beer in Thailand
- Thailand Tourist Police
- Wearing a Motorbike Helmet in Thailand
- Thailand Motor Bikes
- Category: Tours
Tourist Attractions In Thailand
Tourist Attractions in Thailand – A famous play came out a long time ago called The King and I.
This smash Broadway hit play talked about a woman who goes to a country called Siam and falls in love with the king of it.
Because this play was so popular, everyone wanted to know all they could about the country of Siam.
However, Siam was what the country of Thailand used to be called.
Though no matter which name people choose to call it, Siam or Thailand, it is a beautiful location to take a trip to.
To make the vacation even more fun, here is a list of Tourist Attractions in Thailand to organise before you leave your Thailand Hotel.
The Reclining Buddha
Bangkok in Thailand is the home of a gigantic golden statue of the god Buddha.
It is located in the Phra Nakhon District in Bangkok
This huge statue is 150 feet long and almost 50 feet tall.
Wat Pho is where this beautiful golden statue is located within the temple.
The temple is not far from the Grand Palace, so you can see both of them on the same day.
You do not have to be religious to feel inspired and spiritual when they see this shining gold Buddha stretching out.
There are other things to see within Wat Po and the Emerald Buddha is just around the corner.
Chiang Mai Market
Some people really love to shop while visiting a foreign country and it is one of the best Tourist Attractions In Thailand
An avid shopper will weep with joy when they see the amazing things they can buy at the famous Chang Mai night market.
However, one should remember their negotiation skills or they may end up paying more than they should for whatever they find in this night time street mall.
Haggling is still advised when buying things in Thailand.
It is best to go to a few stores, to see what price someone is willing to sell you something at.
There are eight popular markets in Chiang Mai that are well worth a visit.
- Warorot Market
- Morning Market at Chiang Mai Gate
- Satuday & Sunday Night Walking Street
- The Night Bazaar
- Kham Tiang Flower Market
- JJ Market (Jing Jai)
- Kad Rincome Fashion Market
- Muang Mai Market
For the avid animal lover, there is nothing more exciting than seeing an elephant up close.
However, as cool as elephants are in person and how riding one looks great, we do not endorse the riding of elephants.
Visiting Animal Shelters and Nature Parks is becoming some of the biggest Tourist Attractions In Thailand.
Even though many people have found it exciting and exhilarating to ride an elephant, they are kept in cruel conditions.
Many of them are chained up at night and elephants’ backs are not designed to carry a basket full of people.
If you want to get up close to an elephant, then there is an elephant rescue park where you can pay to help with the daily chores.
The Elephant Nature Park in Chiang Mai is the best around.
The play The King and I gave the world a taste of what life was like in a placed called Siam.
Siam later became Thailand, and millions of people visit it every year to have a good time.
Thailand offers many things for a family to do that includes visiting the sights, shopping, or visiting a huge elephant.
Thailand is considered one of the most beautiful locations on the planet, and the things to do in this country for both fun and education are endless.
Other Tourist Attractions In Thailand
Our travel blog has other ‘Things To Do’ articles about specific areas of Thailand.
12go Asia Search Box
Thailand and Asia Trains, Ferries, Buses, Planes Timetables and Prices
Thailand Tours and Activites
About the Author: John offers travel tips on the Gogo Florist blog that is widely read by visitors to the Kingdom of Thailand. He is also passionate about Thai Orchids and native flowering plants.