- Ascott Sathorn in Bangkok
- Avani Atrium Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Centre Hotel in Bangkok – Thailand
- Bangkok Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Chiang Mai Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Hua Hin Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Koh Samui Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Krabi Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Pattaya Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Phuket Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Thailand and Bangkok Cheap Hotels and Tours
- Thailand Tours and Activities
- Transferring Money To Thailand
- Welcome to the Thailand Travel Blog
Posts by category
- Category: Bangkok
- Top 10 Things To See In Bangkok – Thailand
- Where To Find Thailand Hotels and Resorts
- Bangkok and Thailand Taxis
- Float House River Kwai Resort
- Getting Around Bangkok And Things You Should Know
- Spending Valentines Day in Bangkok
- Thailand Weather and Radar Satellite
- Patpong Night Market
- Dental Tourism In Thailand
- 101 Things To Do In Bangkok
- Reaching Your Thailand Hotel In Luxury
- Best Food in Bangkok – Bangkok and Thai Street Food in Thailand
- A Quick Guide to Pattaya in Thailand
- Bangkok Airport Transfers
- Category: Buddha
- Category: Chiang Mai
- Category: Hotel Specials
- Category: Koh Phangan
- What to do on Koh Samui – Thailand
- How To Get To Koh Samui – Thailand
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party – What to Expect – Do’s and Don’ts – Tips
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party Dates and Getting There
- Koh Phangan Attractions
- Koh Samui Airport Information – Domestic – International – Arrivals – Departures
- Visa Run from Koh Samui
- Category: Koh Samui
- Category: Pattaya
- Category: Photos
- Category: Phuket
- Category: Slider
- Category: Thai Food
- Thai Red Duck Curry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Street Food – Thai Street, Market and Beach Food
- Beef, Cashew and Thai Basil Stir Fry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Ronald McDonald
- Pad Thai Recipe – How To Cook Pad Thai
- Thai Cooking Classes and Market Tours
- Tom Yum Goong – Spicy Prawn Soup
- Thai Green Curry Recipe – (Gaeng Kiaw Wan Neua)
- Category: Thailand Travel
- Things To Know About Thailand
- Etiquette in Thailand Cinemas – Standing in Thailand Movie Theatres
- Roadside Bottled Gasoline and Petrol in Thailand
- Makha Bucha Day
- Thailand Visa and Entry Information – Visa Runs and Visa Extentions
- Thailand Travel Tips
- Some Thailand Holiday Tips
- Thailand Travel Quiz
- Koh Tao Travel Information, Tours, Getting There and Hotel Accommodation
- Songkran in Thailand – Thai New Year – Water Fights
- Things To Remember For A Holiday
- Tourist Attractions In Thailand
- Things To See In Thailand
- Finding The Best Holiday Accommodation
- Mistakes To Avoid When Holidaying
- The King of Thailand
- Information About The King of Thailand Bhumibol Adulyadej
- Travel Information About Koh Chang – Thailand
- The Right Thailand Accommodation For You
- Protecting Your Belongings At The Beach
- Cheap Flights To Thailand
- Travel To Thailand
- Thailand Travel Medical Emergencies
- Most Popular Thailand Destinations
- Thailand Hotel Booking Disasters
- Checklist for Expats Moving Overseas
- Holiday Activities For A Rainy Day
- Places To Visit In Bangkok
- Thailand Travel Apps
- Quick Thailand Travel Guide
- Learning Thai through Travel
- Thailand Tourist Scams
- Thailand Hotel Tips
- Packing Tips For Family Travel
- Tips To Sleep Better In Thailand Hotels
- St Patrick’s Day in Thailand – Bangkok – Phuket – Koh Samui – Pattaya – Chiang Mai
- The History of the Thailand Flag
- Ice In Beer in Thailand
- Thailand Tourist Police
- Wearing a Motorbike Helmet in Thailand
- Thailand Motor Bikes
- Category: Tours
Trekking In Northern Thailand – Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai
Trekking in northern Thailand is an exotic experiencing everyone can enjoy. This exotic adventure features beautiful mountainsides, wonderful people, and hidden villages to explore. If you crave an extreme adventure, then trekking in northern Thailand is the perfect fix!
Most trekkers come to northern Thailand for a sense of adventure. No matter how adventurous you are, you should join a tour group in order to experience all northern Thailand has to offer.
Trekking groups last anywhere from a few days to several weeks; you will be able to find the one that works for you.
There are many benefits in joining a tour group. These guides know the areas by heart, and help you find only the best in each journey. You will not get lost along the way either.
These groups also bundle together many activities like rafting, rock climbing, and camping.
You are not sacrificing the adventure by joining a tour group, and you will find that these groups offer more than you had originally expected.
Trekking in northern Thailand offers many unique experiences. One of the most acclaimed aspects is the hidden village. There are numerous hidden villages set up along popular trekking paths for you to discover.
Hidden villages often contain tourist friendly locals. These locals set up shop and provide great service at a cheap price. You can get fine cuisine, fresh tea, and dozens of unique items to bring back from your journey.
Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai
The most famous hidden villages are in around Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai. These two were built with tourists in mind, but they still offer a great and unique experience to travelers.
If you would rather visit a more authentic hidden village, you can hire locals to help take you. ‘
You will need to spend more money; however, these villages offer a more personal experience than the rest.
The Phu Chi Fa is a breathtaking mountain that you must visit. This large mountain is symbolic in northern Thailand for its staggering beauty and height.
Most tour guides will take you there, but make sure that it is included before beginning your trek.
The cuisine in northern Thailand is quite unique. With pork being the main meat served, you will often find large dishes with a very bitter taste.
The food is quite greasy but still remains healthy. Any of the local dishes are sure to satisfy your hunger after a long day of trekking.
Trekking in northern Thailand will be unforgettable experience to those seeking adventure.
The numerous tours available will add to your experience by providing extra features.
With beautiful scenery, wonderful food, and a wild sense of adventure, northern Thailand is a perfect destination thrill seekers.
You can organise your own trekking tour or you can go on one that has been operating for years and takes you to the best places for the right time of year.
Getting To Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai
getting to chiang Mai and Chiang Rai is no longer a trek within itself. There are many different ways to get there and you can search all the ways below.
For Trains, Ferries, Buses, Plane Timetables and Prices
Please look at our Chiang Mai Hotels site for great discounts for Chiang Mai Accommodation