- Ascott Sathorn in Bangkok
- Avani Atrium Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Centre Hotel in Bangkok – Thailand
- Bangkok Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Chiang Mai Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Hua Hin Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Koh Samui Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Krabi Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Pattaya Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Phuket Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Thailand and Bangkok Cheap Hotels and Tours
- Thailand Tours and Activities
- Transferring Money To Thailand
- Welcome to the Thailand Travel Blog
Posts by category
- Category: Bangkok
- Top 10 Things To See In Bangkok – Thailand
- Where To Find Thailand Hotels and Resorts
- Bangkok and Thailand Taxis
- Float House River Kwai Resort
- Getting Around Bangkok And Things You Should Know
- Spending Valentines Day in Bangkok
- Thailand Weather and Radar Satellite
- Patpong Night Market
- Dental Tourism In Thailand
- 101 Things To Do In Bangkok
- Reaching Your Thailand Hotel In Luxury
- Best Food in Bangkok – Bangkok and Thai Street Food in Thailand
- A Quick Guide to Pattaya in Thailand
- Bangkok Airport Transfers
- Category: Buddha
- Category: Chiang Mai
- Category: Hotel Specials
- Category: Koh Phangan
- What to do on Koh Samui – Thailand
- How To Get To Koh Samui – Thailand
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party – What to Expect – Do’s and Don’ts – Tips
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party Dates and Getting There
- Koh Phangan Attractions
- Koh Samui Airport Information – Domestic – International – Arrivals – Departures
- Visa Run from Koh Samui
- Category: Koh Samui
- Category: Pattaya
- Category: Photos
- Category: Phuket
- Category: Slider
- Category: Thai Food
- Thai Red Duck Curry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Street Food – Thai Street, Market and Beach Food
- Beef, Cashew and Thai Basil Stir Fry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Ronald McDonald
- Pad Thai Recipe – How To Cook Pad Thai
- Thai Cooking Classes and Market Tours
- Tom Yum Goong – Spicy Prawn Soup
- Thai Green Curry Recipe – (Gaeng Kiaw Wan Neua)
- Category: Thailand Travel
- Things To Know About Thailand
- Etiquette in Thailand Cinemas – Standing in Thailand Movie Theatres
- Roadside Bottled Gasoline and Petrol in Thailand
- Makha Bucha Day
- Thailand Visa and Entry Information – Visa Runs and Visa Extentions
- Thailand Travel Tips
- Some Thailand Holiday Tips
- Thailand Travel Quiz
- Koh Tao Travel Information, Tours, Getting There and Hotel Accommodation
- Songkran in Thailand – Thai New Year – Water Fights
- Things To Remember For A Holiday
- Tourist Attractions In Thailand
- Things To See In Thailand
- Finding The Best Holiday Accommodation
- Mistakes To Avoid When Holidaying
- The King of Thailand
- Information About The King of Thailand Bhumibol Adulyadej
- Travel Information About Koh Chang – Thailand
- The Right Thailand Accommodation For You
- Protecting Your Belongings At The Beach
- Cheap Flights To Thailand
- Travel To Thailand
- Thailand Travel Medical Emergencies
- Most Popular Thailand Destinations
- Thailand Hotel Booking Disasters
- Checklist for Expats Moving Overseas
- Holiday Activities For A Rainy Day
- Places To Visit In Bangkok
- Thailand Travel Apps
- Quick Thailand Travel Guide
- Learning Thai through Travel
- Thailand Tourist Scams
- Thailand Hotel Tips
- Packing Tips For Family Travel
- Tips To Sleep Better In Thailand Hotels
- St Patrick’s Day in Thailand – Bangkok – Phuket – Koh Samui – Pattaya – Chiang Mai
- The History of the Thailand Flag
- Ice In Beer in Thailand
- Thailand Tourist Police
- Wearing a Motorbike Helmet in Thailand
- Thailand Motor Bikes
- Category: Tours
What To Do and See in Phuket
What To Do And See In Phuket – There is not a easier tropical island destination in Thailand that is more accessible that the resort island of Phuket.
The island is large by Thai standards and has its own international airport that services more than 12 countries.
The main reason that Phuket is a popular destination on the tourist map is of course its white beaches.
They have warm turquoise water’s that are inviting for sunbathers and swimmers.
Phuket FantaSea Show
This is the largest and extravagant live show on Phuket.
It is a cultural theme park that must be seen to be believed as it is as impressive as it is large.
They boast one of the largest buffet restaurants in Asia.
There is a fantastic show after diner featuring Similan Elephants and acrobats.
It is like a ginormous carnival that is set in a medi-evil period “Ayutha” style stone temple.
The show cost and dinner will cost you about 2200 Thai Baht.
Patong Beach – Bangla Road Nightlife
Patong Beach is ‘Ground Zero’ of Phuket tourism, unfortunately it has been destroyed by its popularity and success.
As the beaches empty out as the sun sets, only a few feet away the night owls awaken for another night in Phuket raunchy nightlife bar area.
It is actually very safe and many say family friendly as hundreds of bars try to encourage you to be entertained by their live band or thumping loud music, cheap beer and in most cases, hostesses.
James Bond Island
While this is not directly on Phuket itself, this collection of breathtaking island are some of the most photographed rock formation in the country.
One of the many islands is known as, “The James Bond Island” as it was featured in the classic Bond film, “The Man With The Golden Gun” many years ago.
Now that is one to avoid due to an invasion of tourist that swarm there for a self portrait to prove they have been to the landmark.
It is easy to get to as a day trip, boat tours leave from the northern end of Phuket and typically include lunch and transport from the main tourist strip.
They often visit the amazing limestone cliffs and Hongs found in Phang Nga, these are underwater caves where you can paddle and swim in.
Big Buddha Phuket
Big Buddha in Phuket is a must visit for anyone who goes to Phuket.
It is easily done in a morning or afternoon, as it is not too far from the main tourist areas.
To read more, please see our article on the Big Buddha in Phuket.
Phuket Tours and Activities
Even though Phuket has a lot of nice beaches, bars and shopping, you may want to do a day trip or overnight trip to Krabi and the Phi Phi Islands. So you will not be askig your self “What to do and see in Phuket”
Ferries run from Phuket to these parts and are cheap. You can also get picked up from you hotel, so it is also hassle free.
For Trains, Ferries, Buses, Planes Timetables and Prices To Phuket
Phuket is a fantastic destination with hotels from beach front bamboo shacks to genuine five star luxury resorts.
Look at our Phuket Hotels site for great discounts.
About The Author
John is a floral designer in Phuket for Gogo Florist in Thailand.