- Ascott Sathorn in Bangkok
- Avani Atrium Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Centre Hotel in Bangkok – Thailand
- Bangkok Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Chiang Mai Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Hua Hin Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Koh Samui Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Krabi Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Pattaya Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Phuket Travel Information – Hotels and Tours
- Thailand and Bangkok Cheap Hotels and Tours
- Thailand Tours and Activities
- Transferring Money To Thailand
- Welcome to the Thailand Travel Blog
Posts by category
- Category: Bangkok
- Top 10 Things To See In Bangkok – Thailand
- Where To Find Thailand Hotels and Resorts
- Bangkok and Thailand Taxis
- Float House River Kwai Resort
- Getting Around Bangkok And Things You Should Know
- Spending Valentines Day in Bangkok
- Thailand Weather and Radar Satellite
- Patpong Night Market
- Dental Tourism In Thailand
- 101 Things To Do In Bangkok
- Reaching Your Thailand Hotel In Luxury
- Best Food in Bangkok – Bangkok and Thai Street Food in Thailand
- A Quick Guide to Pattaya in Thailand
- Bangkok Airport Transfers
- Category: Buddha
- Category: Chiang Mai
- Category: Hotel Specials
- Category: Koh Phangan
- What to do on Koh Samui – Thailand
- How To Get To Koh Samui – Thailand
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party – What to Expect – Do’s and Don’ts – Tips
- Koh Phangan Full Moon Party Dates and Getting There
- Koh Phangan Attractions
- Koh Samui Airport Information – Domestic – International – Arrivals – Departures
- Visa Run from Koh Samui
- Category: Koh Samui
- Category: Pattaya
- Category: Photos
- Category: Phuket
- Category: Slider
- Category: Thai Food
- Thai Red Duck Curry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Street Food – Thai Street, Market and Beach Food
- Beef, Cashew and Thai Basil Stir Fry Recipe and Cooking Method
- Thailand Ronald McDonald
- Pad Thai Recipe – How To Cook Pad Thai
- Thai Cooking Classes and Market Tours
- Tom Yum Goong – Spicy Prawn Soup
- Thai Green Curry Recipe – (Gaeng Kiaw Wan Neua)
- Category: Thailand Travel
- Things To Know About Thailand
- Etiquette in Thailand Cinemas – Standing in Thailand Movie Theatres
- Roadside Bottled Gasoline and Petrol in Thailand
- Makha Bucha Day
- Thailand Visa and Entry Information – Visa Runs and Visa Extentions
- Thailand Travel Tips
- Some Thailand Holiday Tips
- Thailand Travel Quiz
- Koh Tao Travel Information, Tours, Getting There and Hotel Accommodation
- Songkran in Thailand – Thai New Year – Water Fights
- Things To Remember For A Holiday
- Tourist Attractions In Thailand
- Things To See In Thailand
- Finding The Best Holiday Accommodation
- Mistakes To Avoid When Holidaying
- The King of Thailand
- Information About The King of Thailand Bhumibol Adulyadej
- Travel Information About Koh Chang – Thailand
- The Right Thailand Accommodation For You
- Protecting Your Belongings At The Beach
- Cheap Flights To Thailand
- Travel To Thailand
- Thailand Travel Medical Emergencies
- Most Popular Thailand Destinations
- Thailand Hotel Booking Disasters
- Checklist for Expats Moving Overseas
- Holiday Activities For A Rainy Day
- Places To Visit In Bangkok
- Thailand Travel Apps
- Quick Thailand Travel Guide
- Learning Thai through Travel
- Thailand Tourist Scams
- Thailand Hotel Tips
- Packing Tips For Family Travel
- Tips To Sleep Better In Thailand Hotels
- St Patrick’s Day in Thailand – Bangkok – Phuket – Koh Samui – Pattaya – Chiang Mai
- The History of the Thailand Flag
- Ice In Beer in Thailand
- Thailand Tourist Police
- Wearing a Motorbike Helmet in Thailand
- Thailand Motor Bikes
- Category: Tours
What To Do In Chiang Mai
If you are wondering what to do in Chiang Mai then you will not be disappointed.
Located in Northern Thailand, Chiang Mai is a city that is surrounded by mountains making it a place where there are so many diverse things to do.
It is a completely different holiday than the one you would experience in the South of Thailand.
Since it is land locked, there are no beaches or tropical views but there are great mountainous and nature views.
Chiang Mai Tribes
Chiang Mai is well known for the Hill Tribes at Doi Angkhrang.
The Hmong, Palong, Lisu and Lahu tribes have lived here for centuries and you can see how they live and work.
A great cultural experience.
One of the best known people of Northern Thailand are the Kayans (also known as Padaung).
These are the tribes that have the rings around their neck making it elongated.
These tribes fled Myanmar (Burma) because of a brutal military regime and have lived in this area for decades.
Chiang Mai Elephant Tours
If an organised tour is more your liking then we have them.
You get picked up from your Chiang Mai hotel and have an organised tour with lunches and transfers.
There is a lot of controversy with the way elephants are handled for you to be able to ride an elephant
You can read about how elephants are treated badly
There is a lot more awareness now and things are changing for the better.
There is an Elephant Nature Park where you can care and feed rescued Elephants.
We have a one and tour day tour for you to help Elephants and other stray animals of Thailand.
One of the most popular ways to see Chiang Mai and its surroundings is to hire a motorbike.
Riding a motor bike around the area at your own pace allows you to stop and see more things.
You have no time limit so then you can decide how long you want to stay in the one place.
If you wondering what to do in Chiang Mai if you want to see more nature, then you can also get a Dirt Bike and ride through the jungles of Chiang Mai.
Chiang Mai Town
What to Do in Chiang Mai isn’t all about tours.
You can travel around the city to do shopping or go on a culinary journey and taste the wonders of the Northern Thailand cuisines.
The Artisans in this area are world famous for their wood working skill.
Their craft of furniture making and wood carvings are their specialty
Also check out the silver making skills of the locals.
Silver Smithing has been around for centuries in this area.
Known as “Silver Village” Phae Road has an abundance of hand made quality silver in the form of boxes, trays, bowls and jewelery.
Chiang Mai Markets
Chiang Mai also has many night markets where you can get that bargain.
Here is a list of the main markets in Chiang Mai
- Warorot Market
- Morning Market at Chiang Mai Gate
- Saturday and Sunday Night Walking Street
- Night Bazaar
- Kham Tiang Flower Market
- JJ Market (Jing Jai)
- Kad Rincome Fashion Market
Chiang Mai Accommodation
Chiang Mai’s Accommodation is a lot different than the ones you would get on the Thailand Islands.
Obviously you can’t stay in a resort on the beach but you can stay in a resort that has great mountain and natural views.
Chiang Mai has a lot of hostels too for the backpackers that make their way up to the north of Thailand.
If you need Chiang Mai Hotels please search over 6500 hotels with us below.
Thailand Hotels Search
Getting to Chiang Mai
There are a lot of ways that you can get to Chiang Mai.
It all depends on your budget time frame and what adventure you want to take to get there.
Thailand and Asia Trains, Ferries, Buses, Planes Timetables and Prices
Thailand Travel Blog
Search other articles and areas of Thailand in our Thailand Travel Blog